The JUNE KEY DELTA COMMUNITY CENTER is a "green" living building project developed, owned, and operated by the Portland Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. that provides and sustains the needs of the multi-cultural neighborhood it serves, encouraging sound and healthy social, educational, artistic, economic, and environmental development and awareness. The Sorority that runs the center is currently a sisterhood of more than 200,000 predominately Black college educated women.
Join with fellow volunteers to help clean up the garden lot next to the June Key Delta Center and prep it for its future as a community garden for the neighborhood! We will be helping weed in the garden, clear out shrubs, and deconstruct an old fence that stands between the garden and the community center.
Bring your passion, muscle, and desire to make a difference at this unique community gathering spot! Come dressed for the weather, wearing closed toed shoes, and feel free to bring your own work gloves if you have them.
Tools and gloves will be provided.
MLK Before the Dream Agenda:
- 9:30AM - Check In
- 10AM - Welcome and Opening Workshop
- 12PM - Lunch
- 1:30PM - Breakout A (Workshops, Discussions, Service Projects)
- 2:30PM - Breakout B (Workshops, Discussions, Service Projects)
- 3:30PM - Closing Activity
- 4:30PM - Evening Service Project Option
Steps to sign up for Before the Dream Service Projects
- Registration for Service Projects will go live by Monday, Jan 21st.
- All registrants who have registered for the Before the Dream event will be able to sign up for Service Projects using a special code that will be emailed to you on or after January 21, 2019. Registration for the full Before the Dream event is required before you can sign up for a service project.
- Space is limited so be sure to sign up as soon as the registration goes live.