|Age Limit||Teens & Older|
New R.O.C.K.ateer Orientation:
Anyone wishing to volunteer at R.O.C.K. attends a New R.O.C.K.ateer Orientation.
• At orientation, you will learn about R.O.C.K.’s mission, vision, history and programs. This course is a requirement for all R.O.C.K.ateers, and we enjoy this opportunity to get to know you!
R.O.C.K.ateer Sidewalker Training:
Sidewalkers are volunteers devoted to the client and walk or trot by the side of the horse, next to the client.
• Different clients need different amounts of support (some need your hands for balance or help, others need your voices for help, each client has different needs and your instructor or therapist will help you learn how to help the clients). In order to volunteer as a Sidewalker, you need to participate in R.O.C.K.ateer Sidewalker Training.
R.O.C.K.ateers must be 14 years and older for New Orientaion and Sidewalking
• R.O.C.K.ateers must wear closed-toe shoes for all arena activities
• sidewalkers must have the ability to lift 20 pounds
• sidewalkers must be able to walk at a steady pace for 45 to 50 minutes and occasionally jog short distances
|Parking Details||Parking is located along the side of the facility|
16 Positions Filled | 12 Impacts | 30 Hours