This event has been cancelled.
Beginning February 1, 2015, ASA will add a Volunteer Time Off (VTO) program to its available employee benefits.
Purpose/Goal:The purpose of the ASA VTO program is to support activities that enhance and serve communities in which we live and work and the issues that impact quality of life.
The intention is to participate in giving back and supporting the community and to allow the employees of ASA to share in that effort. At the same time, ASA recognizes that participating in these sorts of activities enriches the lives of its employees.
Amount of Time:Employees can volunteer up to 2 days per calendar year to community service organizations during their scheduled work day. Evening and weekend volunteer work cannot be used towards VTO. More than one organization may be chosen.
VTO can be taken in half or whole day increments up to a maximum of one day every six months.
VTO begins anew each calendar year, unless the policy is amended or discontinued, and does not accrue from year to year. Usage of this time or lack thereof does not affect regular paid time off usage.
Eligibility:All full and part time regular employees of ASA who have been employed for three months are eligible to participate.
You are ineligible to participate if:
1. You fail to maintain satisfactory work performance
2. The policy is discontinued. ASA reserves the right to amend or terminate this policy at any time without prior notice. 3. If it is believed that the employee is misusing the policy.
Approval Process:To help ASA track our volunteer efforts and prevent last minute requests which would interrupt planned work, employees must fill out the VTO Request Form and submit it to the senior management team member in his/her department at least two weeks in advance. Approval is at the discretion of the senior management team.
Examples of uses for VTO:
• Assisting community service programs
• Donating your time at a food bank
• Participating in Big Brother/Big Sister programs• Reading to children or coaching at a literacy program
VTO cannot be used for:
• Taking a ski vacation and charitably giving ski lessons
• Coaching your child’s basketball team
• Going on a field trip with your child’s class
• Attending your child’s PTA conference
• Attending a professional or personal interest conference
2 Positions Filled | 2 Impacts | 6 Hours