|Hiring Manager||Sarah Houston|
In this position, you will work alongside the education and outreach staff, scientists and graduate researchers to
develop materials and educate the general public about local water issues. CAESER, under the Herff College of
Engineering, was awarded $1 million a year from Memphis Light, Gas and Water (MLGW) to study clay breaches
in the Memphis aquifer and their impacts to water quality. Little is known about the size, shape and
characteristics of these breaches, including how quickly water and contamination can travel through them.
• Inform the public of water research efforts by translating technical science into laymen's terms.
• Creatively author blog and social media posts.
• Assist with development of brochures, handouts and other educational materials.
• Draft press releases and work with media.
• Basic video editing skills for short social media videos.
o Aspirations to learn more!
• Research elected officials and stakeholders.
• Assist with grant writing and applications.
• Data analysis and accurate data entry
• Clear oral and written communication skills
• Strong writing and analytics skills for marketing, media
• Interest in earth science, water and environmental issues
• Open to all majors and disciplines but preference for journalism, marketing, communications, earth
science, or engineering majors.
• 15-20 hours per week.
• Starting pay between $11-15 dependent on experience.
• Academic credit available but you MUST receive approval from, and register for, an internship course
in your department.
• Full Year Term: September 2019 – May 2020
• The position is dependent on the availability of grant funding.
of digital content or graphic design work to S.Houston@memphis.edu with the subject line “Application for
|Social||Website Twitter Facebook|
Luke Bast wrote on October 23rd, 2019
I would love to continue in the field of science. I think in numbers, world and universe. I am retired military. Being so I need not a job but opportunity to grow my knowledge and use the skills I already obtained.