|Close Date||January 22nd, 2018 or when space runs out.|
|Age Limit||18 and up|
For over 25 years, Foundation Communities has helped low-income families build a better future. We invite you to be a part of our story by volunteering in our Community Tax Centers! You will help hard-working folks put more food on the table, pay outstanding bills and save for what's ahead. We expect to serve 20,000 families during the upcoming tax season and we would love your help with this all-hands-on-deck effort.
No previous tax preparation or accounting experience is necessary! We’ll provide training opportunities throughout December and January to teach you everything you need to know. We ask for a commitment of 30 service hours from mid-January to mid-April - that's easy to meet if you serve one shift per week. You’ll schedule your own shifts based on your availability – during the day, in the evening, and on weekends – at one of our convenient locations around Austin.
1. Must complete training and certification.
2. Must agree to volunteer program expectations, including confidentiality for our clients and serving with professionalism.
• Convenient tax center locations that offer daytime, evening, and weekend shifts
• Resources and staff support at each tax center - you never serve alone
• Hands-on, real-world experience working with the public
• See your direct impact in real-time as clients walk away with completed tax returns
• Meet and network with other community-minded volunteers
• Reference letters for volunteers who meet service requirements
|Causes||Community General Service Immigrants & Refugees Poverty & Basic Needs|
|Skills||Accounting Help w/People|