|Close Date||January 15th, 2016 or when space runs out.|
|Age Limit||18 and up|
For 25 years, Foundation Communities has helped low-income families build a better future. We invite you to be a part of our story by volunteering in our Community Tax Centers! You will help hard-working folks put more food on the table, pay outstanding bills and save for what's ahead. We expect to serve 20,000 families this season and we would love your help with this all-hands-on-deck effort.
No previous tax preparation or accounting experience is necessary! We’ll provide training sessions throughout December and January to teach you everything you need to know. We ask for a commitment of either 30 or 40 service hours from January 14 to April 18. You’ll schedule your own shifts based on your availability – during the day, in the evening, and on weekends – at one of our convenient locations around Austin.
1. Must complete training.
2. Must sign confidentiality agreement.
3. Tax preparers must pass a certification test by the IRS (with our support).
• Convenient tax center locations that offer daytime, evening, and weekend shifts
• Resources and staff support at each tax center to answer questions
• Hands-on, real-world experience working with the public
• Meet and network with other community-minded volunteers
• Reference letters for volunteers who meet all service requirements
|Causes||Community Immigrants & Refugees Poverty & Basic Needs|
0 Positions Filled | 6 Impacts | 40 Hours