|Age Limit||Family Friendly|
Supper Clubs are an opportunity for groups to come together to help build strong communities by providing a nutritious meal and fellowship time to our low-income residents living at a Foundation Communities’ property. This is truly a meaningful and essential service that volunteer groups can provide!
Current Need: Here is a list of our Austin properties. We are looking for more supper club groups to serve on a regular basis at the following properties (listed in priority order):
• Volunteer groups should be pre-existing with about 10-15 members.
• Groups are asked to commit to providing on-going meals at one of our properties for a minimum of 4-6 times a year. Service takes 2-3 hours. Scheduling is flexible.
• Group leader(s) will be provided a site visit and orientation prior to your group's first supper club.
• Volunteer groups will provide all items needed to prepare, serve, and clean up the meal for about 40 people.
• Due to health department rules, all meals need to be prepared off site and brought ready to serve.
|Perks||This is a really fun way to build community and relationships through direct service, plus scheduling is very flexible!|
|Parking Details||vary by location|
|Causes||General Service Homeless & Housing Food Insecurity, Hunger|
|Skills||Help w/People Food Distribution Food Preparation|
1 Position Filled | 0 Impacts | 0 Hours