Note: This opportunity has been placed on hold until COVID-19 precautions have been lifted.
Interested in directly engaging and supporting seniors and adults with disabilities in a dynamic environment?
At the Adult Day Health Center, participants receive skilled rehabilitation, nursing therapies, and other health and social services in a supportive, social environment, including educational and recreational programs.
You are welcomed as a valued member of Full Life's team, cultivating positive interactions with participants and assisting with enjoyable group activities that nurture the mind, body, and spirit, including exercise, word games, crafts, and more.
Your involvement may include greeting and socializing with clients in one-on-one or small group settings, and assisting or leading set up and facilitation of group activities, incorporating your personal skills, hobbies, and interests, if desired.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Commit to consistent weekly shift
- Mondays - Fridays, 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Minimum 1 hour/week for 1 quarter
- Optional to extend service commitment for longer
- Complete TB screening (paper questionnaire)
- May require TB skin test prior to first day of volunteering
- Submit proof of flu shot (including date, provider, and location of vaccination administration)
- If driving, free parking is available
- If using public transportation, this site is easily accessible by bus or Light Rail (walking distance from Columbia City station)
- Please email Volunteer Program Supervisor, Jessica ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) to inquire about scheduling availability, and receive and submit a New Volunteer Application from Full Life Care
- Once your application has been processed and approved, you will be contacted again to confirm availability for an in-person orientation (45 - 60 minutes) at the adult day health center.