CASA of Central Texas, Inc. provides valuable volunteer advoacay for abused children from Caldwell, Comal, Guadalupe, and Hays Counties. CASA stands for Court Appointed Special Advocates and they serve as the "eyes and ears" for the judges in child welfare cases. This includes researching each child's situation and making objective recommendations to help them reclaim their childhoods from abuse and neglect.
CASA volunteers are frequently the only stable presence in these children's lives.
CASA volunteers can be and have been a variety of people including retirees, stay-at-home parents, students, and members of the professional field.
- Be able to commit at least 12 months of your time
(Average 10-15 hours per month)
- Be 21 years of age or older.
- Successfully pass screening, background checks and fingerprint requirements.
- Successfully complete initial 6-week training session provided by the CASA of Central Texas, Inc. program.
- Complete 12 hours of continuing education per year.
- Be able to keep information confidential and work within established program guidelines.
|Causes||Advocacy & Human Rights Children & Youth Community LGBT Male Issues Race & Ethnicity Women|
1 Position Filled | 0 Impacts | 0 Hours