We are seeking tutors for a Running Club Coach for out High School Diploma and GED Students.
YouthBuild is an Non-Profit, development and job skills pre-apprenticeship program for young men and women 16-25 years of age. Students work towards their GED or high school diploma while receiving training in construction, health care, or IT development.
YouthBuild offers committed volunteers an opportunity to engage in a meaningful way with young people in their community.
Expectations for a YouthBuild Tutor:
- Engaging in Minimum 3 Month commitment, for at least 1 day a week/bi-weekly during school hours
*Our clubs typically meet on Friday Afternoon from 1-2.
- Be positive, confident and adaptable
- Provide one on one tutoring
- Work effectively with 3rd-12th grade reading level students
- Demonstrate positive character attributes
- Encourage academic skills building
- Have a passion for education, humor and youth development
Volunteers considering this position would benefit from from experience working with youth and background in education or training and development.
Volunteers interested in this position will be required to attend an orientation and participate in a brief interview.
Desired skill and experiences this position requires the following skills;
General Education, Youth Services, Physical Education, and Coaching