|Close Date||Any time before the event app.ends or when space runs out.|
|Age Limit||All Ages|
The Armadillo Park Neighborhood Association’s (APNA) Armadillo Park Committee is excited to be partnering with Austin Parks Foundation (APF) and Austin Parks and Recreation (PARD) for It’s My Park Day 2016. The residents of our community have worked very hard and have come a long way in the past few years to help make Armadillo Park the beautiful “natural preserve” type neighborhood park that it is today.
We want to take advantage of this opportunity of working with APF to perform some necessary maintenance on existing elements in our park and to help create a butterfly habitat! Our mini-projects shall include:
No requirements! We do, however, recommend the following:
- Wear sensible outdoor-work clothing and sunscreen.
- Bring your gardening gloves or work gloves if you have them.
- We can sometimes be short of gardening/yard-work hand tools; please feel free to bring your own if you have any (no electric or gas powered tools allowed.)
- Please note that there are not restrooms available at this site.
- This is a family-friendly event but please note that childcare will not be provided on site.
- As we move towards a zero-waste environment, we will be providing water but hope to minimize using disposable cups--please bring a portable water bottle.
|Perks||Snacks and other perks will be available on site for volunteers.|
People who register at least a week in advance will also receive a free T-shirt.
|Parking Details||Parking along the street|
18 Positions Filled | 0 Impacts | 0 Hours