Thank you for your willingness to vulnteer at the 17th Annual African American Community Heritage Festival, scheduled on Satuday, February 27, 2016, from 1:00 to 5:00pm. The festival will be on the grounds of the historic Hutson-Tillotson University, located at 900 Chicon Street.
Attire: Volunteer t-shirts will be provided for you to wear. Please wear comfortable, flat closed-toe shoes. Please wear comfortable clothing as well- jeans, khaki pants, cropped pants and etc. Mid-length skirts are fine, but please keep in mind that you will sometimes be bending, doing light lifting (helping vendors set up their tables) or other activities.
Weather: In case of inclement weather, please persevere. In case of severe weather, the event may be canceled. However, we anticipate good weather and look forward to seeing you there.
Parking is available in the lot located on Chalmers & East 8th street
When you arrive on the campus, please report to the volunteer check-in tent, which will be located in front of the Alumni Hall, a large white building (denoted as #12 on atached map).
A few notes:
- The campus sits atop a hill, and as a result is typically old and windy ,particularly in the morning, so it is best to wear light layers.
- Apply sunscreen
- Dress comfortably- casual attire is appropriate
Friday-- Pre-Shift (Approximately 20-25 people)- 11:00am to 3:00pm
Saturday-- 1st Sjift (approximately 15 people) - 9:00am to 11:30am
During the Event-- 2nd Shift
- 8:00am to 8:45am - arrival on campus/ volunteer sign in/ breakfast snacks
- 8:45 am- volunteer meeting
- 9am to 11:30am- volunteers will be assigned to assist in different areas
- Put beverages out at the beverage tent
- stock Ice bins
- Assist with vendor load-in
- Assist with vendor parking(1) and security gate-keepers (2) at Chalmers Street
(Appropriately 18 people- 10 for general area and 8 in Kid's Zone)
Ending the Event/ After the show- 3rd Shift
- 11:00am to 11:30am- Arrival on campus /Volunteer Sign In/ Healthy Snacks
- 11:30am - Volunteering Meeting
- 11:30 to 3:30pm- Volunteers will be assined to assist in different areas
- Work the kid's zone (3 at moon bounce, 3 at additional moon bounce, 4 at obstacle course)
- Stock beverages, as needed
- Stock ice, as needed
- Monitor trash and change trash bags, as needed
- Hand out raffle prize tickets
- Monitor/Assist at Stage (VIP area) (2)- staff
- Monitor/Assist at Volunteer Tent (2) -Raffles-staff
- Work Donation Table (2)-Staff
- Cart drivers- staff
- Assist with vendor parking (1) and secuirty gate-keepers (2) at Chalmers Street
(Approx. 8 people)
- 3:00pm to 3:15pm- Arrival on campus/Volunteer Sign in
- 3:15pm- Volunteer meeting- )Newly arriving volunteers will actually begin assisting at approx. 4:30pm)
- 3:30pm tp 5:00pm- Volunteers will be assigned to assist in different areas.
- Work the kid's zone (3 at moon bounce, 3 at additional moon bounce, 4 at obstacle course)- until 5:30om
- Assist vendors with teardown/assistance with getting their product off their tables/to cars
- Break down tables and chairs and general disassembly
- Collect trash and change bags
- Hand out raffle prize tickets- until 4:30om, or as determined by event staff
- Monitor/Assist at Stage (VIP area)
- Ending the Event/ after the show - 4th Shift 4:55pm to 7:00pm
(approx. 25 people- 10 to assist vendors/15 to teardown/teardown hospitality)
If you have any questions, you may contact AACHF Event Manager, Pam Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 512. 222. 7118Sign up to volunteer on this spreadsheet