This event has ended. If you attended, let the organizer know by recording your impact!
We're looking for volunteers to care for children with diabilities while their parents are meeting in a support group. Ideally, we would like ongoing volunteers for this opportunity.
• Set up childcare area with supplies and welcome families.
• Keep kids safe, while helping them to play in the indoor playground area.
• Brainstorm creative ways to engage the kids in play with resources available.
• Participate in cleanup of the space.
• Ability to follow directions, assist kids in activities, and communicate well with children is required. Experience with children with special needs is especailly helpful, but not required.
Experience working with children is required. This opportunity is ideal for retired teachers, student teachers, or other volunteers interested in utilizing their childcare skills. All volunteers must complete and pass a background check and tuberculosis test. Easter Seals Central Texas will provide the forms and cover the cost of the background check.
|Parking Details||Parking available in lot around building. Please leave the first two rows closest to the door open for families attending the event and therapy appointments.|
1 Position Filled | 1 Impact | 2 Hours