This has ended. If you attended, let the organizer know by recording your Impact!
Hello - Welcome and Thank You for choosing the Veloway to give your time, sweat, spirit, care to your loved park!
It is a very large area with different projects of maintaining gardens, cutting back growing brush, clearing drainage, planting, transplanting, weeding, raking, mulching, picking up trash, cleaning up birdfeeding station etc.
*12 yrs. old and up is preferred - yet flexible with younger ages - just reach out.
* If you know you will be late or need to leave early - please contact me. We can plan it all out in advance so you are set and can feel great about your valuable time. Veloway is large, there are organized groups to work different projects - we leave the front area - if you are late you would miss know what to do.
* always appreciate Donations of birdhouses, native plants, agave's, Wind chimes, feeders - please message in advance if you can as well - so I have supplies to work with them.
* any wheel barrows, carts, tools like pick axe, shovels, loppers, scissor cutter loppers are Great help if you can bring.
* Please arrive at 9:30 to sign in - get your Tshirt and goodies, take group photo, split into groups.
*suggestion to bring - Garden Gloves/work gloves, closed toe shoes, suggestion of pants, water/food needs, sunblock, friendly enthusiasm.
* You'll meet such neat new friends
* Bring your bike or skates to enjoy the Veloway afterwards... or earlier (just be done for 9:30am volunteer time)
|Causes||Arts & Culture Board Development Community Conservation Economic Development Education Environment Environmental Education Gender General Service Older Adults Professional Development Sustainability Water Conservation|
22 Positions Filled | 8 Impacts | 24 Hours