Safe Place for Youth (SPY)'s mission is to inspire, nurture and empower the resilient human spirit of homeless youth by providing immediate and lasting solutions, one young person at a time.
- Opportunities to write to and call elected officials on a number of issues around funding for homeless services, and local housing and homelessness initiatives (email Chase if you're interested)
- Donate: Given the weather and COVID-19, we need your support now more than ever. any donation that you make will help us continue our life-saving work, now and in the future. To make a donation, click here. To purchase items from our Amazon Wish List, click here.
- Advocate: Be a voice to help bring our youth and other neighbors indoors, and keep people housed at this crucial time. Here is a link to some advocacy opportunities that can all be done digitally. Please email me if you would like to receive more of these opportunities via email.
- Deepen Your Knowledge: Here are some trainings, documentaries, and other resources that you can use to widen the amount of tools your have to work with our youth, and to be better allies to our youth of color, and to our LGBTQ+ youth.
- Take Care of Yourself (and Others): Social distancing is going to be a crucial part of solving this crisis, and while it may not endanger all of us in the same way, taking precautions can save the lives of those most vulnerable to COVID-19. Here is a link to some resources to help keep yourself healthy, as well as some strategies and resources to help cope with social distancing
- Have you or someone in your household traveled to a country on the CDC’s Level 3 watch list in the last 30 days? At this time, these include China, Iran, Italy and South Korea. These may change. See the CDC’s guidelines for the most up-to-date list.
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a fever, cough or shortness of breath. See the CDC’s symptom information.