What is Mission Accomplished?
Mission Accomplished is a nonprofit organization with its federal 501(c)(3) status which currently serves the Greater Austin area. The organization's primary goal is to provide resources and assistance to individuals and families that need a helping hand to reach the next level. The overall goal is to teach them to maintain that level and soar beyond. The organization's future goal is to provide temporary housing, meals, and care packages to homeless men, women and children as they move from dependent, often abusive relationships into independent, self-sufficient and healthy lifestyles.
What will you do?
To do what we do, we need the best and brightest in our team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about social business and keen to jump into action to help us turn on the lights. We’ve had some consultants develop a communications/outreach strategy for us, and we need you to help us implement it. We’ll work closely with you to develop a role that you’re happy with, but broadly you will assist us in the following areas:
• Run our social media (Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
• Encourage guest sign up for our newsletter
• Help write articles to promote the work of Mission Accomplished and promote these on other networking sites;
• Help promote upcoming events; community resources, etc
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in a startup environment;
• Ability to run and manage projects independently;
• Very strong organizational and time-management skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• A high level of professionalism;
• Update the Mission Accomplished website
• Developing and updating Mission Accomplished photographic database identifying gaps; taking photographs and/or ensuring that someone is available to photograph all key events and ensuring that permissions for photography have been granted. This could also involve video work.
• Another project: If you have a particular area of knowledge or an interest area you would like to pursue, you are welcome to propose a project for you to undertake.
• Passion for what we do, ie provide resources to the community, help increase community involvement, and dedication to transform the lives of individuals in need.
No experience is required, although previous work in marketing, media, social media or the not-for profit sector would be highly regarded.
What’s in it for you?
• Be part of a dynamic start-up that is making a difference to thousands (soon to be millions) of people!
• Develop your professional skills in media and marketing
• Meet new people and create new relationships within the non-profit, social business sector
Logistics of role
You will report to Chief Executive Officer and Founder, Ebonie Trice. There is a minimum commitment of 5 hours per week. Ideally you will start immediately with a minimum commitment of 6 months (with a one month trial period). Please note that this is a volunteer position.
• Has some experience of marketing and social media, either through education, work or volunteering.
• Is familiar with using social media and other online tools to generate interest in a business or project.
• Is an excellent communicator.
• Is able to write clearly, accurately and succinctly.
• Can be flexible with their time: We envisage spending a short time each day (although not necessarily every day) updating social media channels. The volunteer will also be expected to attend some of our events and workshops with a view to reporting on them.
• Has an interest in food and environmental issues.
• Is willing to 'muck in' with all aspects of the Farm's activities.
• Has his or her own transport: The Community Farm is located near Chew Magna, where public transport is limited.
How to apply
Please send an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us about yourself, why you’re interested in the role and what you can bring to it, and include 3 references. Applications currently accepted.
|Causes||Advocacy & Human Rights Children & Youth Community Disabled Disaster Relief Emergency & Safety Employment Environment Faith-Based Homeless & Housing Hunger Immigrants & Refugees Poverty & Basic Needs Veterans & Military Families Victims' Services|