To schedule a shift to volunteer and to log volunteer hours, volunteers will clock volunteer hours from a personal cell phone via the GivePulse app.
For anyone coming to volunteer, we do require the following:
1) Volunteers will wear a mask at all times while volunteering at KHS.
2) Volunteers will check in at the Front Desk (wearing a mask) to answer the daily COVID-19 health questionnaire before moving further into the building to volunteer.
3) Volunteers will thoroughly wash their hands for a minimum of 20 seconds with soap and water, as soon as they enter the main entrance of the shelter.
4) Volunteers will maintain social distancing protocols of staying 6 feet away from other people at all times.
5) Volunteers will use gloves when working inside the shelter (i.e., in the cat rooms or working in dog kennels). KHS has gloves stationed throughout the building. In addition, volunteers will frequently use hand sanitizer when gloves have been removed. KHS staff will ensure hand sanitizer is stocked throughout the building and can tell you where to access a hand sanitizer station if you don't readily see one.
6) Volunteers will ensure they are not loitering or gathering in groups (with other volunteers or with staff) to keep safe social distancing rules in effect. Volunteers will not enter staff office areas. Volunteers will use the public toilets located off the main lobby.
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.