|Age Limit||16 and up|
Boys & Girls Club Gardner
Description: Volunteering with the Boys & Girls Club of Fitchburg and Leominster can be a very rewarding experience. With your help we can extend our services to more young people. Program Assistants will offer educational and recreational programs to middle school-aged Club members in our after school program in Gardner. We seek enthusiastic program assistants to assist staff in implementing programming and activities in the following program areas: Homework tutoring, Art, Science, Athletics, Chess Club and Games.
We are looking for dedicated volunteers who can commit to volunteering from 2:30 – 5:30 pm two or more afternoons per week. Club hours of operation are 2:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
· General supervision of youth
· Implementation of program activities
· Program preparation and clean up
· Classroom management
· Other duties as assigned by supervison
· Experience or strong interest in working with diverse populations of youth
· Ability to multi-task with the capability to learn quickly and integrate efficiently
· Some supervisory experience with children desirable
· Experience or comfortability with classroom management
· Ability to motivate and engage young people
· Ability to work well as part of a team
Our emphasis is on providing wholesome activities supervised by adults of high moral character. Because the risk, no matter how remote, of exploitation or abuse of our members is unacceptable, we are required to secure your consent for background check, and to examine all references. Applicants must also complete the Criminal Records Check (CORI), SORI Check and national background check.
Contact: Kelly Hartnett, Volunteer Coordinator @ (978) 534-8358, Ext. 11 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must complete the Criminal Records Check (CORI), SORI Check and national background check.
|Causes||Arts & Culture Children & Youth Computers & Technology Education Sports & Recreation|
|Skills||Arts and Crafts Learning/Education Sports Tutoring|
8 Positions Filled | 0 Impacts | 0 Hours