This event has been cancelled.
Disaster Health Services Supervisor is a temporary position assigned to work in person before, during and/or after a disaster event this hurricane/wildfire season.
The purpose of this role is to lead a team of Disaster Health Services responders to provide health services care to shelter clients. This role will act as the liaison from the Disaster Health Services team to the shelter manager. Advocacy for client needs is a primary purpose of this role.
- Lead team of licensed healthcare professionals
- Act as liaison for DHS team with shelter manager
- Assist DHS service associates with documentation and data gathering (including C-MIST interview).
- Communicate access and functional needs of clients to shelter manager
- Provide hands on care as necessary, including assistance with activities of daily living, wound care, incontinence care, health assessments, health education, and determination that a higher level of care is needed for client
- Observation and health screening for COVID-19 like illness for all shelter clients daily
- Lead the management of an isolation care area.
- Complete required virtual self-paced training for position (8 hours total)
Wondering if you should register to volunteer? Based on the CDC guidelines, we are asking you the following questions:
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.
0 Positions Filled | 0 Impacts | 0 Hours