Open Hand is passionate about building a healthier community. Through people-centered services and partnerships, we create access to healthy meals and nutrition education, empowering our clients and the community to achieve personal goals for health and wellness.
Meal Packing Dress Code Requirements:
Please read carefully as there are no exceptions to these rules. Due to FDA guidelines, if volunteers are not dressed properly they cannot volunteer in our kitchen.
- The temperature of the cooler is 38 degrees, so thick clothing, coats, gloves, and hats are required (dress for winter).
- Tennis shoes or closed toe nonslip/slip resistant shoes are required. No Sandals
- No fake eyelashes.
- Absolutely no jewelry of any kind. This includes but is not limited to rings, bracelets, watches, step-trackers, necklaces, earrings, gauges, cartilage, nose, and permanent piercings.
- Long pants are required. No shorts.
- No sleeveless shirts or tank tops. A short sleeved t-shirt is fine.
No headphones, ear buds, or Bluetooth earpieces may be worn.