Thank you for signing up to be a Distribution Volunteer! Athens Eats Together is a county-wide initiative created to provide emergency food relief to any Clarke-County resident facing food insecurities due to COVID-19. We at ACCA are so proud of the opportunity to further expand our reach into the community to not only serve our existing seniors in need but all residents of Clarke County.
Distribution volunteers help us get meals to those who need them by working at distribution sites across the county. These drive-through or walk-up sites allow us to provide food in a way that is safe and convenient!
This site is only available to those who have already trained at ACCA. Once you complete the training, you will be eligible to register.
Volunteers will learn the ropes of this distribution site with an ACCA staff member, but these are the basics:
· Volunteers will enroll new Athens Eats Together participants through a quick and easy online form. ACCA will provide a tablet to use on site.
· Volunteers will pull meals based on the participant’s regular order and set the meals out for pick up.
· Volunteers will also track the number of each meal type that is given out.
· If a staff member is on-site they will return any technology or paperwork to ACCA, otherwise, the volunteer will return these items.
Your safety, and the safety of our participants, partners and staff are a priority. Here is what we are doing, and asking of you, to keep everyone as safe as possible:
· Volunteers are required to wear a mask at all times.
· At all distribution locations social distancing practices will be in place.
· Hand sanitizer and/or hand washing stations will be available.
· Volunteers serving at ACCA will have a temperature check before beginning their shift.
· Do not volunteer if you or anyone in your household is sick, or if you have been in close contact with someone who is sick
When you arrive please park your car and join us on the sidewalk to help distribute bags. When you arrive you will see a big white truck or a table full of brown bags - that is where we'll be! If you have any questions please feel free to email me.
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.