The Ohio Pawpaw Festival is a fun-filled, educational community event celebrating one of America’s largest native tree fruits, the pawpaw (Asimina triloba). This all-weekend event highlights the rich history and future possibilities of the pawpaw through delectable foods, and a full line-up of presentations and activities that cover pawpaw growing, cooking, genetics, medical use and other topics related to sustainability. Special events at the festival include competitions for the best and biggest pawpaw, a pawpaw cook-off, a best pawpaw-related work of art and the ever-popular pawpaw-eating contest.
Volunteers are needed to assist with:
- the merchandise tent
- the children's activity area
- Zero-Waste Recycling Tent
- Music event/stage assistance
- the beer tent (21+ only)
Typically a free shuttle runs from the bottom of Baker Center to Lake Snowden, but please keep an eye on the event website for details and important health and safety requirements.
Thank you for being a part of the 2021 Ohio Pawpaw Festival! We couldn’t do it without you!
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.