|Registration Opens||Till registration closes|
|Registration Closes||Any time before each shift ends or when space runs out.|
All skits are written by the ensemble performers based on personal stories. The ensemble is made up of performers of Asian heritage and Hispanic heritage but we hope people of all backgrounds can appreciate our take on the trials and triumphs of dating! The skits were collaboratively created through the 30/60 format started by The Neofuturists theatre company in Chicago (who encourage the use of their process). A key part of this process is absolute honesty among the writers/performers.
Ensemble performers attempt to perform all 30 plays in 60 minutes, so it's a crazy, crazy ride! To determine which skit will be presented, the audience calls out a number from 1-30.
We are looking for volunteers for the following tech positions: These positions are crucial in enhancing the experience of the show. You get to see the action and control the action . No experience required! We will train you, it takes about 10 minutes. But you have to be available for one rehearsal (exception for House Manager):
- Lighting Board Operator - working the lighting for the skits
- Sound Board Operator - control the sounds cues or music
- Multimedia Operator - control the multimedia elements e.g. video, Skype, etc.
- Stage Manager - you get to boss all the actors around
- Stage Hands (x2) - these are crucial because of the format of the show - we need props and costume pieces ready to go for each skit or we won't finish the 30 plays!
- House Manager - you collect tickets at the door, etc.
3 Positions Filled | 3 Impacts | 12 Hours
Location: Salvage Vanguard Theater, 2803 Manor Road, Austin, TX 78722
|House Manager||7:30PM||9:30PM||you check for tickets at the door and other stuff||0/1||Over|
|Lighting Operator||7:30PM||9:30PM||working the lighting for the skits/show||1/1||Over|
|Multimedia Operator||7:30PM||9:30PM||Control multimedia elements including video, Skype, etc.||0/1||Over|
|Sound Board Operator||7:30PM||9:30PM||Operate sound cues and music||1/1||Over|
|Stage Hands||7:30PM||9:30PM||these are crucial because of the format of the show - we need props and costume pieces ready to go for each skit or we won't finish the 30 plays!||0/2||Over|
|Stage Manager||7:30PM||9:30PM||you get to boss all the actors around||0/1||Over|