Afternoon Shift has space for up to 10 volunteers each hour. You are welcome to come for all three hours or for just an hour if that is what suits your schedule. We may open additional spaces as projects become available, please call if you are having trouble finding a spot during your availability- we would be happy to help!
Our main focus is packing (providing programs with pre-packed bags that can be handed out drive-thru style) and produce sorting. There may be additional tasks if all orders are filled and items sorted.
There is a wait list available if registration is currently full (be sure to select “waitlist” during registration).
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 765-287-8698 for help with registration and to register minors. Minors should not be registered on-line and will need a paper waiver with parent/legal guardian information/signature. If you would like to book a time for your family or group to come in please call so that we can find the right time and day for you.
- Volunteers must wear sturdy closed toed shoes (no crocs, sandals or flip flops).
- Volunteers will dress comfortably and appropriately for warehouse type work with food products (no shorts or skirts above 6" from knee, no midriff/belly exposed, no spaghetti straps or tank tops).
- Volunteers will often need to wear gloves and change them as needed (non-latex gloves available).
- We ask that you wrap up the task you are working on about 10 min. before you need to leave and help with clean up as well as sanitize your area.
If you answer "yes" to either of these questions, we ask you not to register at this time:
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? See the CDC’s symptom information.
Please cancel 24 hours in advance (unless ill, then you are welcome to call us and let us know if you can)