|Approval||Organizer will approve registrants|
• Qualifications: Spanish fluency preferred.
• Time commitment: 10-20 hours per week.
• Description: The primary duties of the position are to conduct detailed in-person and telephone interviews with the numerous workers who contact EJC seeking legal assistance, and to assist EJC staff attorneys to analyze the workers’ legal needs and available remedies.
• Learning opportunities: Intake volunteers/interns are invited to attend an intensive crash course, alongside UT Law clinic students, to learn the basics of the substantive law and practice methods employed by EJC. The internship will also provide substantial on-the-job training in subjects including labor and employment law, contract law, litigation practice, and public interest advocacy.
• Academic credit toward your major is likely available.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please send resume to Aaron Johnson: email@example.com.
|Causes||Advocacy & Human Rights Immigrants & Refugees International Justice & Legal Legal Services Poverty & Basic Needs|
2 Positions Filled | 0 Impacts | 0 Hours