Operation H.O.P.E (Health, Outreach, Partnership, Encouragement) was a community project for the community by the community. The idea was to reach those who were the most vulnerable during the summer months due to school closure. We wanted to make sure they know that we care about them too.
We partnered with Shelters, Nursing homes, and Non Profits to provide individuals with little bags full of goodies. At a minimum, we provided them with:
- STEM Kits
- Band Aids
- A treat like a couple of mints
- A word of encouragement or artwork (Greeting Cards, Origami, or 3D Printed Items)
- Stationary like Pencils and Erasers
Last year from October to February, we were able to make 5000 bags and distribute them to 64 organizations across the Portland Metro region. We worked with City officials, community members, and corporations to make this happen.
This year we want to expand our reach to Clackamas and Yamhill County too!
We need your help to reach out to schools who are part of the federal lunch program
We will provide you with a list of organizations and their contact information. Your responsibility would be to reach out these organizations, pitch the concept of Operation HOPE Summer and see if they would like to be a part of the program and receive the goody bags
You can reach out to us at email@example.com and let us know your interests.
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.