To volunteer for this opportunity you must to go to: Apply to Be a Volunteer to fill out an application.
THERAPEUTIC RIDING OF TUSCALOOSA Like Horses? Miss your Horse? Want to have time once a week on a peaceful, family farm setting doing light chores? Then we need YOU. TROT hosts programs providing equine assisted therapies to foster kids and handicapped individuals. TROT has 30 equines that must be cared for daily. And we need help. Sign up to help care for the horses at TROT. THERAPEUTIC RIDING OF TUSCALOOSA
Because we are a healthcare facility serving at risk folks, we need you to fill out our application. You can apply by emailing
or going to our application portal
Wondering if you should register to volunteer? Based on the CDC guidelines, we are asking you the following questions:
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.
If you answered "yes" to any of those questions, we ask you not to register. We are doing all we can to align with best practices and keep our community healthy.
Did you answer "no" to the COVID risk questions? GREAT! Then ask yourself,
- Are you available on a consistent basis to help these kids? You will be serving as a MENTOR. That means they will look up to you and try to be like you. Consistency is crucial.
- Can you be outside in a barn setting?
- Do you have patience and the desire to help kids struggling with living in today's world?
- Will you commit to wearing jeans or leggings, along with our AWSOME TROT MENTOR T-SHIRT and sturdy shoes?
Want to know more? Go to our website to see what volunteers say about working at TROT
or our facebook/instagram pages
We hope to see you at TROT!