At your volunteer shift, there are various opportunities to participate:
- Counting book donations
- Reviewing condition of donated books
- Sorting books into categories
- Boxing books for school and community partner distribution
Volunteer safety is our top priority. Books Between Kids does not require masks currently. We continue to monitor the state of the pandemic and reserve the right to change this policy at any time. We have several tables/stations spread throughout the warehouse to ensure the recommended social distancing protocols for volunteers.
After you click the 'Register' button, you will be prompted to create an account or login with GivePulse and follow a series of short actions in order to complete your registration. Our warehouse can accommodate volunteers aged 8 and older and we ask that kids ages 8-13 have one parent attend as well or a ratio of 1 parent for every 2 kids aged 8-13. High school kids are welcome to volunteer independently if they are signed in by a guardian. Every volunteer, including children and returning volunteers, needs to register through Give Pulse as it helps us track volunteer hours and contains our liability waiver.
If a volunteer requires a service or volunteer letter, please ask a BBK staff member for one after the volunteer shift.
VIEW ADDITIONAL DETAILS (such as directions to warehouse and what to expect on volunteer shift)
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.