This has ended. If you attended, let the organizer know by recording your Impact!
STEAMsport, Inc. is seeking a STEAM Assistant to support our mission to provide STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and math) programs to students living in underserved communities. This is role is served during afterschool hours weekdays and Saturday mornings. Training will be provided to equip students for all assigned activities.
Service activities include:
- Assisting STEAM instructors in the areas of robotics, coding, fashion, video game design, coded drones, and media production
- Assisting lead instructors in the afterschool program with tutoring, crafts, recreation and other areas as needed
- Tutoring students in grades K-12 in-person and/or virtual
- Working with students to perform research and prepare presentation project
- Assisting with preparations for STEAMsport robotics competition
- Entering and/or verifying information in STEAMsport database
- Assisting with coordination of class activities including classroom setup, equipment prep, student admittance and dismissal
- Additional duties as needed
- Must have a car to travel to various locations; travel stipend will be provided to help with gas
- Must be available for classes Saturdays from 9:30 am – 12:30 pm and Tuesdays from 2:30 – 6:30 pm
- Needs to be available additional weekdays between 2:30 pm and 6:30 pm; availability on additional days is flexible
- Should have strong writing, research and presentation skills
1 Position Filled | 3 Impacts | 12 Hours