Come volunteer with FPC & PPR staff and the BPTA Friends Group.
https://www.facebook.com/belmontplateautrails #belmontplateautrailsalliance firstname.lastname@example.org
Philadelphia’s most scenic overlook, Belmont Plateau is a popular site for picnics, sports, and sunsets. The Plateau was home to the world’s first Earth Day in 1970 where thousands rallied in support of bringing environmental concerns to the forefront of policy and culture. Fairmount Park Conservancy has been helping to maintain and steward Belmont Plateau for years.
Timeline for Event
9:45 am. Registration is ready to go! Tools and project materials will be ready at the site.
10:00 am. Volunteers arrive
10:05 pm. Teams break out into their workday
12:00 pm. Teams end the project, bring tools back to starting area
12:09 pm. Big thank you and Group Photo!
Meet-up Spot, Parking, Travel
Please meet us at the lower part of the Plateau. The lower parking lot, Car Barn entrance on Montgomery Dr.
You will see our FPC tent and PPR vehicles.
· There is plenty of parking! Please don’t leave valuables or anything visible in your vehicles.
· There are no bike racks, but we can keep your bike with us to keep an eye on it.
· Buses 38 and 40 stop along nearby Belmont Avenue, but please be extremely careful walking from these stops as there are no sidewalks and vehicles tend to speed in this area.
Cleanup Location and Overview
Belmont Plateau surrounding areas
Together, we will work on: Removing invasive species & Trash pick up
What to Wear and Bring
· Please bring a reusable water bottle. We will provide jugs for refilling.
· We strongly recommend wearing long pants that cover your ankles and long sleeves to protect your arms.
· Sturdy, closed-toe shoes like boots or sneakers are required (no ballet flats, flip flops, or sandals).
· Volunteers are also required to wear gloves while working. Gloves will be provided, but you are also welcome to bring your own.
· You may also want to consider wearing a hat or sunglasses.
· In general, please wear comfortable clothes that you don't mind getting dirty.
· We will provide all the tools, supplies, and materials for the project, including gloves
· We will provide snacks and a water cooler to refill your bottles
· We will provide bug spray, sunblock, hand sanitizer, and wipes
· A mask is optional to your level of comfort
We will meet at the lower part of the Plateau. The lower parking lot, Car Barn entrance on Montgomery Dr.