|We offer virtual opportunities for students to receive volunteer hours or internship/academic credit (student chooses if they would like to receive credit and must receive approval from their school). This is an ongoing opportunity; please disregard the internship period start/end date!|
|At NVEEE, part-time and full-time opportunities are available year-round. Students may choose to receive volunteer hours and/or internship academic credits if applicable.|
|The Grant Writing and Research Committee will collaborate closely with NVEEE’s Executive Director to discuss priorities, identify funding opportunities, assess grant opportunities, and prepare applications and proposals for NVEEE’s youth programs.|
|Members of this committee must have a commitment to uplifting diverse communities, including ones that have been traditionally under-resourced and under-represented, LGBTQIA+ populations, BIPOC, and beyond. Additionally, understanding how financial instability, mental health, trauma, and a lack of support impacts youth development will be extremely helpful.|
|General responsibilities include but are not limited to:|
- Providing support for acquiring external funding for NVEEE and its activities and programs.
- Searching for and identifying potential funding sources.
- Creating reports analyzing potential grants and progress to keep all committee members and Executive Director informed.
- Preparing, writing, and submitting the proposal and necessary application materials.
- Creating an annual grant calendar and updating it with new deadlines.
- Maintaining a database of previously rewarded and current grant opportunities.
|Qualities needed to be successful on this committee:|
|• Strong research skills||• Detail-oriented|
|• Persuasive writing skills||• Above-average writing skills|
|• Time management||• Highly organized|
|• Strategic||• Storytelling skills|
|• Initiative||• Understand DEIB (diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging)|
- Intern for an award-winning, congressionally, and nationally recognized nonprofit organization.
- Receive one-on-one mentorship from senior-level management, including the executive director and founder.
- Experiential learning
- Eligible to receive volunteer, internship, and academic course credits.
|Candidates must submit a résumé with their application form. Some committee positions require additional application items, such as a writing sample. Apply here.|
|To prevent bullying, violence, and suicide among youth, families, and communities through direct service, mentoring, and prevention education.|
|What We Do:|
|NVEEE provides interactive educational dialogues and leadership programs that address bullying, mental health, social inequities, and stereotypes and are designed to surface community-based solutions that support the health and well-being of all youth. Student Peace Ambassadors who complete our comprehensive leadership curriculum often co-facilitate our programs.|
|Our dynamic and equity-based programs, which consistently fill to capacity, prepare youth and young adults to be socially responsible leaders.|
|If you would like to learn more about our organization, visit our website at https://www.NVEEE.org/|
Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer, Multiple