Boelsen Cottage, Martin Luther King Junior Drive, Philadelphia, PA
Located in West Fairmount Park, Boelsen Cottage is situated on the west bank of the Schuylkill River within a plot of 100 acres (40 ha) of land granted to John Boelsen in 1677 by the Swedish colonial court in Upland, Pennsylvania. Boelsen's cottage is the oldest extant structure in Fairmount Park.
Meet-up Spot, Parking, Travel
Parking space is available at Boelsen Cottage parking lot.
**Please don’t leave valuables or anything visible in your vehicles.**
Join FPC staff, community leaders, and an awesome group of volunteers for weekly volunteer service days- sign up for one or more. Hosted by Fairmount Park Conservancy. Together, we will work on:
- Removing invasive species
- Trash pick up
- Tree care
- Maintenance of the Cottage brick path
April 4th, from 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm.
April 11th, from 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm.
April 18th, from 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm.
April 25th, from 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm.
What to Wear and Bring
· We strongly recommend wearing long pants that cover your ankles and long sleeves to protect your arms.
· Sturdy, closed-toe shoes like boots or sneakers are required (no ballet flats, flip flops, or sandals).
· Please bring a reusable water bottle. We will provide jugs for refilling.
· Volunteers are also required to wear gloves while working. Gloves will be provided, but you are also welcome to bring your own.
· You may also want to consider wearing a hat or sunglasses.
· In general, please wear comfortable clothes that you don't mind getting dirty.
· There is plenty of parking!
· There are no bike racks, but we can keep your bike with us to keep an eye on it.
· We will provide all the tools, supplies, and materials for the project, including gloves.
· We will provide snacks and a water cooler to refill your bottles.
· We will provide bug spray, sunblock, hand sanitizer, and wipes.
· Please bring a mask (optional).
Note: The location may change in the future