Come get involved in your community! The Community Action Center food bank is looking for 1 volunteer per shift to help distribute food to our customers. You will be assisting our customers in their shopping experience, helping them to their vehicles, bringing grocery carts back inside and generally assisting in keeping our operation running smoothly. This is a great way to give back to your community by helping others. Please wear comfortable, warm clothing and closed shoes for your safety. Thank you for giving back to your community!
Welcome to the Community Action Center’s food bank. We’re glad you decided to give of your precious time and volunteer with us. We hope that the time you spend here, interacting with the staff and our customers is pleasant and fulfilling. We like to keep our service as professional and inclusive as possible. We hope you will support our mission in helping our public with food that nourishes their body and souls. Along those lines we’d like to cover a few things that we kindly ask of you.
• Please arrive for your volunteer shift 15 minutes early so you can get oriented in what you will be doing.
• Please dress appropriately. Wear clothing that is clean, weather appropriate and neat in appearance. Examples of appropriate attire are jeans, tennis shoes, t-shirts and sweatshirts. Examples of inappropriate attire are short shorts, low cut and mid-drift tops. You’re not expected to dress up, but we ask that you dress appropriately for the environment that you will be working in. Also, due to safety concerns, no open toed shoes, sandals or flip flops are allowed.
• Please avoid controversial subjects when talking with customers or staff. We are a completely inclusive agency and we welcome everyone. Please refrain from sharing any personal political viewpoints with staff or customers. We ask that you avoid conversations about religion and politics or gossip about others behavior or appearance.
• Please be respectful of people’s personal space and that of their children.
• You are welcome to take home a bag of food with you at the end of your shift as our small way of saying thank you.
Thank you for volunteering with us. Please know that you are doing something wonderful to help our community. It’s people like you who truly do make a difference in our world.