Becoming a Girls on the Run Coach: The Coach is a volunteer position that works as part of a team of coaches to facilitate the Girls on the Run curriculum to program participants. This position entails approximately four hours per week for a 10-week commitment.
- Complete Girls on the Run coach training
- CPR and First Aid certified (can obtain for free via ProTrainings.com-GOTRBC will send you registration info)
- Must consent to and complete a background check every two years
- Attend all (two) practices per week for a weekly time commitment of approximately 4 hours
- Serve as a role model for program participants
- Prepare, organize, and supervise weekly lessons
- Collaborate with other coaches for successful lesson delivery
- Facilitate communication with parents/guardians of program participants
- Participate in the Girls on the Run 5K
- Plan and coordinate your team’s end of season party
Visit https://www.gotrsanantonio.org/coach for more details.