Come get your hands dirty with us as we grow thousands of pounds of food for our community!
We invite you to step away from your daily life and visit our farms, each located minutes from Austin’s downtown. You will soak up the sun, get a little muddy, and help support our cause. To support our mission, 75% of the produce is used to improve food access for our neighbors in need, and the other 25% is sold to wholesale and restaurant partners.
Our young leaders will to teach you what you need to know to help us grow thousands of pounds of fresh food! Our farm needs volunteers to plant, cultivate, and harvest fruits and vegetables. You only need an open-mind, ready to receive instruction from our youth leaders.
Please read the information in the registration page for our volunteer agreement and waiver. You may contact us at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.Important information for groups:
Please note that this is not an exclusive date for your group. This event is open to the public and you will be working alongside other members of our community. We reserve spots for groups of 15 or less volunteers at no cost. To request spots for a group, please complete this form. Group spots are limited and fill up fast. Please inquire as far ahead as possible.
Age Requirement: Our minimum age to volunteer is 10 years old. Children 10-13 years old must be accompanied by an adult. All minors under 18 who are not accompanied by a parent/guardian must have a signed parental consent form on file with Urban Roots. Go to the following link to download the parental consent form for youth volunteers (form is in English and Spanish): http://www.urbanrootsatx.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Youth-Vol-Consent-Both.pdf</p>