We'll be finding homes for all the new books coming in that are destined for 2023 Spring distributions. More books arrive in the warehouse almost every week, and volunteers like you make the inventory process manageable! Your help in the warehouse is absolutely pivotal in ensuring that we're using our resources to the fullest extent by keeping an accurate inventory of what remains on hand.
What can you expect from your time with us?
- Processing new incoming inventory destined for 2023 Spring Distributions!
- Packing books into boxes
- Moving boxes from one work space to another for those capable of doing so
- A real good time spent alongside other like-minded, book-loving individuals
Here's some things to remember prior to your volunteer shift!
- Be sure to wear weather appropriate clothing as our warehouse is not climate controlled.
- We do have water bottles for volunteers but we still encourage folks to bring their own as well!
- Please be sure to wear closed toed shoes to your shift!
- Important Note: If the temperature during warmer months is above 90 degrees, please expect a message from us canceling the shift. If the temperature during cooler months reaches below 32 degrees, please expect a message from us canceling the shift.
DO NOT GOOGLE BOOKS FOR KEEPS AND FOLLOW THE ADDRESS YOU FIND.
The warehouse is located at 420 Athena Drive, near Athens Tech and Southern Brewing Company. Please follow the directions below. There is no signage at the road, so it is easy to pass right by it!
- If you're coming from Hull Road/Hwy 29, you'll go over a set of railroad tracks. Our building is the third driveway on the right after the railroad tracks.
- Look for the building with the doorway that has a blue awning facing the road.
- When you pull into the parking lot, drive all of the way to the far side - you'll see a door with the Books for Keeps logo, next to a loading dock.
- Try to fill in the parking spots closest to the big recycling bin first if possible.
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.