In a group or individually, plan and prepare, or purchase a meal for a minimum of 40 guests.
- Deliver dinner to the shelter between 5:30 and 5:45 to prepare for dinner service.
- Serve the meal to our guests.
- Help staff clean up the serving and dining areas.
FOR DINNER DROP-OFF: Volunteers who are interested in providing dinner but are unable to come inside to serve are still encouraged to sign up! Please drop off the meals at the shelter between 5:30 and 5:45. Staff and Evening Volunteers will assist in serving the guests.
Meat or entree (lasagna, fried chicken, BBQ, etc.).
A chip, salad, or side of some sort (macaroni and cheese, green beans, mashed potatoes, etc.).
A sweet (cookie, cake, ice cream, etc.)
Guests tend to prefer foods that are gentle on the teeth.
Age Limit: Volunteers under 18 MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Due to the high levels of transmission in ACC, volunteers who serve indoors are asked to wear a facemask in an effort to reduce the likelihood of transmission between guests, volunteers, and staff members.
Wondering if you should register to volunteer? Based on the CDC guidelines, we are asking you the following questions:
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.
If you answered "yes" to any of those questions, we ask you not to register. We are doing all we can to align with best practices and keep our community healthy.