Title: Events + Programs Outreach Intern
Supervisor: Monique Stitts, Programs Coordinator
Purpose: To assist the Events + Programs Coordinator and Volunteer Coordinator in facilitating outreach activities to underserved communities + new partnership areas for the purpose of recruitment of children and families for programs and events as well as volunteer opportunities.
Hours and duration of internship: As assigned by University requirements; minimum of 15 hours per week
Brief position summary: The Events + Programs Outreach Intern will recruit children and families for new and existing events and programs as well as volunteer opportunities. Assisting in recruitment for programs such as Greenline Gardens Workshops, Wise Trek Programs, Field Trips and Camps.
Requirements and Qualifications:
· Experience with Microsoft office (excel, word, etc.)
· Driver’s license & personal vehicle
· People/conversational skills + strong verbal communication
· Intermediate to advanced planning and organizational skills
· Ability to recruit/manage volunteer projects, as needed
· Able to work in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to recruit and engage partners for youth and adult programs
· Make an excel recruitment list of Memphis organizations, businesses, community centers, churches and other pertinent partnering agencies.
· Call to these organizations to increase enrollment in programs and events
· Identify + target solutions to bringing underserved children to the Park
· Set-Up weekday and weekend recruitment tables around areas of the Park and other free events in the Memphis community
· Assist in program development activities as assigned
This internship will take place from end of May to the beginning of August - exact schedules will be determined between intern and supervisor.