This has ended. If you attended, let the organizer know by recording your Impact!
Shelby Farms Park Conservancy seeks to fill multiple Woodland Discovery Camp Counselor positions for summer 2017. Shelby Farms Park and Greenline are managed and operated by the 501(c)3 nonprofit organization Shelby Farms Park Conservancy. Our vision is to give rise to a celebrated 21st century park that defines and shapes a great city.
Woodland Discovery Camp Counselor
Position Starting and Ending Date:
Counselor Training Days (TBA) and June 5 – June 30 (excluding weekends)
An ideal candidate will:
- Previous camp counselor experience or experience working with children
- Or have a B.A. in Education or be an Undergraduate studying Education
- Be CPR certified or willing to obtain a CPR certification
- ** Lifeguard certification a plus**
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Outdoors experience (hiking, canoeing, kayaking, camping, etc.)
- Availability of the entire weeks of June 5 – June 30 + training dates (TBA
- Be a responsible team player
- Strong oral communication skills
- Ability to supervise children aged 6-12
Responsibilities will include:
Supervise Woodland Discovery Campers & respond to their needs
Assist in teaching daily short environmental education lessons
Work closely with the Woodland Discovery Camp Director
This is a paid position.