Project Safe, Inc.
Program: Project Safe Thrift Store: Business
Location: Athens, GA
Time Commitment: 3-4 Months; Minimum of 15hrs/week M-F
Project Safe is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization in Athens, Ga., working to end domestic violence through prevention and education, crisis intervention, ongoing supportive services, and systems change advocacy. Project Safe’s Thrift Store is an integral part of our services as clients can shop there for free and all proceeds raised directly fund client programs and services. Project Safe’s Thrift Store is seeking an intern interested in business that will work closely with the store manager, staff, and volunteers in improving the productivity and profit of the store.
- Participate in training preparing intern to operate business line, interact with shelter/store clients, and provide information to the community about Project Safe’s services.
- Promoting Thrift Store through social media
- Creating sales ideas and advertisement of these
- Coordinating with community groups/agencies for related events and representing Project Safe
- Assist with volunteer coordination of continuous volunteer groups partnering with Project Safe
- Act as a liaison for donation pick-ups -- coordinate volunteers to participate in the pick-ups as well as working with the donors.
- Assist with sorting incoming donations, managing the cash register, and assisting customers during shifts at the store as needed
- Perform monthly sales reports under the supervision of Thrift Store Manager
- Revamping policies/procedures and improving general functions of the store
- Making the store more aesthetically pleasing
- Background in business/finance/accounting/public relations
- Strong communication, organization, and problem solving skills necessary
- Ability to work with a variety of people
- Conflict management skills
- Leadership skills
- Customer service background
- Preferably retail experience
- Skills in professionalism
Send resume and cover letter detailing areas of interest and availability, along with contact information for two professional/academic references to:
Community Involvement & Volunteer Coordinator