|Approval||Organizer will approve registrants|
|Age Limit||18 and up|
Easter Seals Central Texas is a local nonprofit, which for more than 78 years has been supporting the disability community of Central Texas. Through our programs and services, we champion the abilities of our clients to have the resources to realize their full potential.
Currently, we are looking for Public Relations, Marketing and Writing volunteers to work with our Development Department. The volunteer’s responsibilities would include (but are not limited to):
- Editing and writing for a variety of different outlets/audiences, including newsletters, web, marketing collateral, and promotional materials
- Tactical PR program support & management and media relations. Write press releases as needed for Easter Seals Central Texas, look for media opportunities and identifies media for staff members to be quoted as experts
- Content marketing strategies and content development, including presentations, social content and formally written content
After an initial meeting, work can be done remotely, with periodic meetings at our Headway office.
This is open to Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, Marketing students and experienced public relations professionals and writers looking to make a difference in the lives of children and adults with disabilities as well as to gain experience and portfolio pieces.
All volunteers must complete an Easter Seals Central Texas volunteer application. If interested, please send us an email with the following details.
Public Relations/Writing Experience/Skills/Abilities
# of hours a week you can dedicate to helping our organization
Have you done any PR/writing work for anyone else? If so, please explain.
When can you get started?
Please send any links to your portfolio or samples
The ideal candidate must meet following qualifications to be considered for the position:
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs is required. .
- Possess a personal computer
- Take responsibility for his/her assigned duties, spearhead such initiatives and meeting appropriate deadlines accordingly
- Be highly organized and systematic when it comes to tracking of deliverables
- Be inherently creative in performing everyday processes and applying classroom and/or professional knowledge to the creative process
- Be open in communication when it comes to deadlines and project parameters
|Parking Details||Work from home and occasionally come into the Easter Seals Central Texas office.|
3 Positions Filled | 7 Impacts | 13 Hours