Join Fairmount Park Conservancy on Thursdays from 5:00 - 7:00 PM for weekly volunteer workdays at the Trolley Trail entrance on S. Chamounix Drive. Sign up for one or more! Together, we will work on:
- Removing invasive species
- Tree care
- Trash pick up
- Trail maintenance
We will provide all the tools, supplies, and materials for the workday, including gloves.
The Trolley Trail is a new soft surface, multi-purpose loop trail that follows the pathway of the scenic Fairmount Park Trolley that operated from 1896 to 1946. The 4-mile loop trail was completed in 2021, a new gateway to the trail at the Chamounix Picnic Area on S. Chamounix Drive was established in 2022, and signage was installed in 2023.
4:40 PM - Volunteer check-in
5:00 PM - Begin workday
6:45 PM - Wrap-up workday
7:00 PM - Big thank you & group photo!
MEETING LOCATION: (subject to change)
4200 Chamounix Drive, Philadelphia. PA 19131
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- In general, please wear comfortable clothes that you don't mind getting dirty. We strongly recommend wearing long pants that cover your ankles and long sleeves to protect your arms.
- Sturdy, closed-toe shoes like boots or sneakers are required (no ballet flats, flip-flops, or sandals).
- Volunteers are also required to wear gloves while working. Gloves will be provided, but you are welcome to bring your own.
- We will provide bug spray, sunblock, hand sanitizer, and wipes.
- You may also want to consider wearing a hat or sunglasses.
- Please bring a reusable water bottle. We will provide jugs for refilling. We will also provide snacks.
- Look for the green Fairmount Park Conservancy tent and Parks & Rec vehicles on-site
- There is plenty of free parking available in the park. As always, NEVER leave valuables in your car!
- There are no bike racks, but we can keep your bike with us to keep an eye on it.
In the event of severe weather conditions, the event will be canceled and attendees will be notified.
QUESTIONS? Please reach out to email@example.com
Looking for more ways to support our work? Become a Supporter of Fairmount Park Conservancy to help ensure that Philadelphia’s parks are enhanced for generations to come!