Event Networking Intern
Description of Duties
Internships Available: Two – St. George Area
The mission of Utah Nonprofits Association is to unify, strengthen and elevate Utah's nonprofits. Utah Nonprofits Association (UNA) provides its members and partners the opportunity to engage in meaningful and dynamic relationships. UNA will:
· Unify: Be the connector of nonprofits and communities in the delivery of nonprofit programs and services
· Strengthen: Be the portal of nonprofit expertise, education, information and benefits
· Elevate: Be the voice and promote the essential value of the nonprofit community
The Utah Nonprofits Association (UNA) is the umbrella membership association of nonprofit organizations in Utah. Incorporated in 1990, UNA was created by, and for, people who strive for a stronger, more professional nonprofit community in Utah. Our current membership includes over 760 nonprofit organizations and community members.
UNA provides our interns with a friendly and fun working environment, where learning is supported by experienced staff. Past interns tell us they enjoyed their experience because they were learning and doing something new every day. UNA interns work as a member of a team with the staff, committees, volunteers and members.
The person in this position will receive experience in nonprofit operations and gain extensive insight into the nonprofit sector in Utah, with the opportunity to make many valuable connections within the sector. They will also gain experience with networking, events planning and communications (messaging and promotions). Interns also expand their technical skills and experience with computer software and data base management.
UNA is working to increase exposure and membership in southern Utah as well as participation in the annual Southern Utah Community Impact Summit.
· Act as the local champion for UNA, distributing printed material and information about UNA and the event, provide support in social media promotion, community calendars, etc.
· Take the pulse of local nonprofits to provide UNA with information on how UNA can best serve the nonprofits in the region, and what training and resources will be best received in the area.
· Promote UNA’s Southern Utah Community Impact Summit. Help build UNA’s mailing list with nonprofit professionals.
· Attend committee meetings associated with the event, Tuesdays from 3:00 - 5:00 p. Locations Vary
10 hours/week from March 15, 2017 to April 4, 2017.
Work Site: Remotely in St. George, UT
Standards of Professionalism:
· Willing to learn about the nonprofit sector
· Energetic and imaginative
· Able to remain calm under pressure
· Uphold appropriate professional dress and grooming standards while representing UNA
· Abide by UNA policies and procedures
· Strong, professional interpersonal skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Excellent computer skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
· Willingness to gain extensive knowledge of the nonprofit sector
|Causes||Community General Service Politics|
|Skills||Advertising Communications Marketing Office Work Online Marketing Public Relations Sales & Business Development Social Media Writing|