|Registration Opens||Till registration closes|
|Registration Closes||Any time before each end date or when space runs out.|
|Age Limit||21 and up|
CityArt is an exciting exhibit of outdoor sculptures displayed year-round in the City Centers of Mankato and North Mankato, MN. Artists lend their sculptures to the program for one year and have the possibility of their piece being voted The People’s Choice and purchased by the CityArt program for permanent installation. To learn more about CityArt programs, visit cityartmankato.com.
As a docent, you will lead groups of 5-20 people to on a free guided tour of the sculpture walk. The full tour takes about 90 minutes to complete. The guided tours are offered the first Saturday of the month at 10:00am, May - October. Docents also receive a free CityArt t-shirt.
Role of the Volunteer Docent
• Interpret sculptures in the exhibit
• Provide an enjoyable and engaging experience for tour-goers
• Interact with tour-goers in a positive and engaging manner
• Lead the tour, providing background information on each artist and a brief description of each sculpture (provided by the program).
Qualifications & Personal Traits
• Comfortable speaking in front of groups
• Passion for the arts
• Reliable and punctual
• Outgoing and enthusiastic
• Able to work independently
Docents are expected to be available for one 90 minute shift per month. We ask that you make a minimum commitment of one season (May - October).
● Twin Rivers Council for the Arts and the City Center Partnership staff oversee the CityArt programs and docents. Staff will schedule, support and supervise docents.
● Docents will be required to go through a one-hour training to learn about the program and expectations.
● Staff will provide support for a docent until they are able to lead independently.
For more information or to apply contact Noelle Lawton, executive director of Twin Rivers at 507-387-2387 or email@example.com.
Please refer to the description provided
|Parking Details||There is generous public parking downtown. Parking requirements will vary.|
|Causes||Arts & Culture Community|
|Skills||Artistic Help Help w/People Learning/Education Public Relations|
0 Positions Filled | 0 Impacts | 0 Hours