Northwest Arkansas Women’s Shelter
Job Description –Nonprofit Administration (Development) Intern
Job Title: Nonprofit Development Intern
· Commitment to the mission, policies and core values of the NWA Women’s Shelter
· Desire to learn and cultivate a knowledge base regarding nonprofit fundraising and development.
· Able to communicate effectively with staff, clients, and community donors through a variety of mediums.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
· Able to work independently and exercise personal autonomy
· Professional appearance and attitude
· Currently enrolled in higher education academic program. Junior status or higher (exceptions for interested sophomores made in exceptional cases)
· No prior felony convictions. Background checks will be conducted.
Provide administrative assistance to the Development Director of the Northwest Arkansas Women’s Shelter. Responsibilities include gift processing and reconciliation, donor acknowledgment letters, collecting RSVPs, filing, mailings, donor calls, database projects and other special projects.
· Maintain website – respond to comments, add new content, delete old content
· Research features of NWAWS databases to ensure maximum functionality
· Data entry for gifts given to NWAWS
· Stewardship processing for gifts given to NWAWS
· Assist with research and reporting for grant applications
· Assist with online marketing, logistics, and follow up for NWAWS events (specific event(s) dependent upon term of internship)
· All other duties as assigned
|Causes||Advocacy Children & Youth Community Crisis Support Persons with Disabilities Emergency & Safety General Service Homeless & Housing Immigrants & Refugees Legal Services LGBTQ+ Gender Media & Broadcasting Politics Poverty & Basic Needs Race & Ethnicity Older Adults Veterans & Military Families Victims' Services|