Northwest Arkansas Women’s Shelter
Job Description – Advocate Intern
Job Title: Advocate Intern
If interested, contact Antonella Kinder: email@example.com.
· Commitment to the mission, policies and core values of the NWA Women’s Shelter.
· Desire to learn and cultivate a knowledge base regarding crisis response and support services.
· Able to provide advocacy and compassionate support to victims of domestic violence.
· Able to communicate effectively with staff, clients, and community donors through a variety of mediums.
· Able to utilize computer programs independently and with proficiency.
· Able to work independently and exercise personal autonomy.
· Able to present self professionally and demonstrate customer service skills.
· Currently enrolled in higher education academic program. Junior Status or higher (exceptions for interested sophomores made in exceptional cases).
· No prior felony convictions. Background checks will be conducted.
Overall, the Advocate Intern is responsible for internalizing the NWAWS mission and modeling healthy relationships to residents in the shelter and the community, facilitating advocacy and basic support services to victims of domestic violence in shelter and via the crisis hotline, and fostering a supportive an safe environment for all clients and children currently living in shelter as a result of domestic violence.
· Provide support and basic advocacy for victims of domestic violence in shelter and via crisis hotline.
· Document interactions with victims of domestic violence as set forth by agency policy.
· Provide transportation for victims of domestic violence to appointments in the community.
· Secure needed goods and services for victims of domestic violence in shelter.
· Assist in maintenance of federal grant records for transportation logs and volunteer hours.
· Work with community resources and other nonprofits to assist clients in the transition from the shelter into the community.
· Attend meetings and trainings with other interns and staff members.
· Data entry of client records and information.
· All other duties as assigned.
|Causes||Advocacy & Human Rights Children & Youth Community Computers & Technology Crisis Support Disabled Education Emergency & Safety Employment General Service Health & Medicine Homeless & Housing Hunger Immigrants & Refugees Justice & Legal Legal Services LGBT Male Issues Media & Broadcasting Politics Poverty & Basic Needs Race & Ethnicity Seniors Veterans & Military Families Victims' Services Women|