|Shared With||Springfield Community Gardens|
1. Finish spreading compost onto the north ground bed using the sheet mulching method and spreading mulch in the walkways. Sow and plant remaining early cool weather crops using wide row and square foot gardening methods.
2. Sow and plant seeds and plants in the raised beds. (Beans and lettuces.)
3. Refurbish strawberry barrel garden.
4. Write garden markers for those that are unmarked.
5. Complete indoor information display (if we have sheet protectors.)
6. Go over basic square foot gardening method advantages.
Come prepared to move some dirt! Wear comfortable, work-in clothes and shoes!
Toilet paper and paper towel cardboard rolls
Wood ashes (not from oak)
|Parking Details||Park on the lot directly south of the garden, please.|
|Causes||Arts & Culture Community Environment General Service Hunger Poverty & Basic Needs|
|Skills||Food Distribution Mulching Nutrition Planting and Gardening|
1 Position Filled | 1 Impact | 2 Hours