Rainforest Partnership based in Austin, Texas is an international nonprofit organization whose mission is to protect and regenerate tropical rainforests by working with the people of the forests to develop sustainable livelihoods that empower and respect both people and nature.
Tropical rainforests are the oldest and most complex land-based ecosystems on earth. By fostering collaborative partnerships directly with rainforest communities, and around the globe, we connect, create and leverage innovative opportunities to protect the forest.
We are looking for interested web designers. The web designer's job duties will cover all aspects of creating a website. The duties include, but aren't limited to, the following:
- Designing webpage layout
- Design, develop and imrpove website
- Determining technical requirements
- Updating website
- Creating back up files
- Fix bugs, troubleshoot and resolve problems
Required skills and abilities include:
- Some amount of professional experience in the industry is required
- Ability to maintain organization, meet deadlines, and be proactive.
- Proficient in Wordpress
- Strictly adhere to coding standards and best practices.
- Develop responsive designs with an emphasis on user experience
- Ability to maintain, modify and enhance existing websites and applications.
- SEO experience with a basic knowledge of Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
What you will get from this opportunity:
- An ability to work in a growing international NGO with a unique model of working
- You will gain experience in International Development
- The experience to work in a position of real responsibility
- An ability to own your designated work portfolio, and learn hands on project management, time management, ability to collaborate with highly skilled staff and volunteers
- Work in a fun, high energy, positive, collaborative and diverse work environment
If this position interests you, please send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!