|Close Date||Any time before the event ends or when space runs out.|
Let's get our hands dirty! Come in some comfy, work-in clothes and shoes!
Tentative itinerary -
1. Add compost layer to potato beds between rows. Be careful of the bean plants in between!
2. Thin beets, leaving largest one, and transplant others in between onions in all other ground rows, except tomato row.
3. Clear Raised Bed Row 1, Column 5 of all mustard and radishes, then replant with thinned carrots from other raised beds, alternating with any remaining beets that are thinned, and onion bulbs from Raised Bed Row 3, Column 4.
4. Add another mulch layer to asparagus bed if sprouts are 3" tall.
5. Water all beds and rows very thoroughly, until the ground is wet 1/2" down into soil.
6. Apply fertilizers, pest repellent spray, and pest repellent dust.
Come prepared to get down in the dirt! Wear comfortable, work-in clothes and shoes!
WISH LIST -
2-liter and 20-oz. soda bottles.
Ice cream buckets with handles.
Egg shells - crushed and dried, to feed the cabbages!
Cardboard rolls from toilet paper and paper towels.
Wood ashes (not from oak).
Plastic grocery bags.
|Parking Details||Park on the lot directly south of the garden, please.|
|Causes||Arts & Culture Community Environment General Service Hunger Poverty & Basic Needs|
|Skills||Food Distribution Mulching Nutrition Planting and Gardening|
1 Position Filled | 2 Impacts | 5 Hours