|Close Date||Any time before the event ends or when space runs out.|
New Urban Arts is currently in our 20th year of operations. We are taking this opportunity to look back on our work, tell our story better, demonstrate the impact of our work, and strengthen our community of supporters by connecting with alumni. The alumni data, outreach, and communications intern will assist in this effort by: communicating with alumni of our youth program, helping to analyze the results of an alumni survey, and analyzing historical student engagement data. New Urban Arts is a collaborative work environment, and the right candidate will also be expected to support the work of our entire team, interact with students, and participate in conversations about New Urban Arts' mission, values, and pedagogy.
· Using Microsoft Excel and Salesforce software, complete a data manipulation/analysis project that correlates historical attendance data with our most recent alumni contact information.
· Working with our program and development staff, coding and analyzing results of a survey to New Urban Arts’ alumni, including efforts to find and contact alumni for whom we may have lapsed contact information.
· Taking these results, along with stories from survey responses, to tell a data story.
· Gain skills in Microsoft Excel and Salesforce (increasingly becoming a standard database for small non-profits).
· Gain insight into the ways in which arts and youth development organizations weave together data and narrative to tell compelling stories about their work.
· Learn how to deliver an effective survey.
The Alumni Data, Outreach, and Communications Intern will receive training in the relevant software. The intern will also go through training on New Urban Arts’ history, pedagogy, and values alongside our summer teaching staff. The intern will be supervised by our executive director.
29 Positions Filled | 25 Impacts | 125 Hours