|Interning with||UNCG's Office of Leadership & Civic Engagement|
Description: Interns will assist administration in the development and preparation for implementation of summer camp, summer programs, and upcoming fall programs within the Education Department, Outreach, or Gallery.
The following Internship Opportunities are available:
Special Events Intern: Assist the Education and Gallery Staff in the planning, promotion, and implementation of special events throughout the summer. Position includes meeting with event team, designing event marketing plans and materials, contacting event partners and donors, and providing hands-on support at events.
Education Intern: Assist the Education Staff in the implementation of current programming as well as develop new programming opportunities. Position includes conducting research, assistance in correspondence and administration, basic curriculum development, program documentation, and marketing.
Curatorial Assistant Intern: Assist the Gallery Curator in the development and implementation of art exhibitions. This may include, but is not limited to, brainstorming new exhibitions, generating marketing materials, exhibition installation, and social media management.
- Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Dependable, responsible and on time
- Enthusiasm, patience & tact
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective written communication skills to prepare reports, marketing materials, etc. with proper grammar and punctuation
- Computer skills (word, excel, etc.)
- Ability to accept supervision & guidance. Work independently and as a team.
Duration: Semester (minimum 10 - 15 hrs / week)
Compensation: Unpaid internship. College credit available.
- Provide plans for upcoming programs as resources, methodologies, etc.
- Develop achievable goals for internship
- Provide guidance & constructive feedback during internship
How to Apply:
Call to schedule an interview appointment after submitting a letter of interest, resume and a reference letter via email to Sidney Stretz, Education Coordinator, at email@example.com. All application materials must be submitted by August 1, 2017.